When you’ve been locked into a scarcity mindset for so long, it may be intimidating to think about a mindset shift. However, moving from scarcity to abundance doesn’t have to be difficult and it will end up being one of the most life-changing things you’ll ever do.
Here are 5 simple steps to get you moving forward with an abundance mentality.
Recognize the Possibilities
– An abundance mindset is all about welcoming more possibility in your life. Be open to more options, more choices, more money, more jobs, more friends, etc. Don’t get caught up in the idea that there is only one fixed path and challenge your old beliefs of, “I can’t,” or “It’s impossible.” Open your eyes, your heart and your mind to the world around you. Feed your mind with positive, uplifting information – read books, attend workshops, talk to an expert, learn a new skill. Once you start opening yourself up to receive abundance, the possibilities will be everywhere.
– Do this. Daily. Wake up every morning and write down three or more things that you are grateful for. Do it at night too. This will keep you focused on all the blessings in your life, rather than what you lack. Start a journal or keep notes on your phone – the important thing is to make it a daily habit. Once you start, you’ll be surprised at how in tune you are to the little things that usually go unnoticed – a cool breeze, the birds chirping, a smile from a stranger, the warmth of the sun, etc. Everything starts to look like a blessing, and you open yourself up to all the beauty and wonder the world has to offer.
Become Aware of Your Thoughts
– Just because you make the shift to abundance, doesn’t mean all of those scarcity thoughts just disappear. You will still have them from time to time and the key is to be aware of what is happening. Awareness is an important part of the process and the first step in changing the course you’ve been on for years. Don’t berate or shame yourself – just simply notice the thought. Try to understand why it came up and determine how you can turn it into a thought that supports abundance.
Watch Your Words
– Just like your thoughts, your words shape your reality. Pay attention to the language you use throughout your day and be aware of the things you say out of scarcity. If you find yourself complaining a lot, judging or being negative, just take note, stop and begin again. You’ve spent a lifetime telling stories of scarcity, so don’t be too hard on yourself.
– With a scarcity mindset, you’re too busy being fearful of the future to create any big plans. Now that you’re open to all the possibilities of an abundance mindset, the world is yours for the taking. Where do you want to be in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years? Create a vision board or a bucket list. Write down anything and everything that comes to mind. Don’t hold back. The more detailed and focused you get on what you want, the more likely you will be to stay the course. Make plans to re-visit this list at least once a month to update and add to it. Really go for it!
A mindset shift doesn’t have to be super hard. Give yourself patience and grace through the process and you’ll be living a life of abundance in no time.
If you’re struggling to let go of some pesky limiting beliefs, I’d love to help you shift into a more positive, empowered mindset. Check out my FREE Workbook.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for marketing video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.